Thursday, March 4, 2010

How Ironic...

After being in Norton from 9 am - 4 am (thats 19 hours people) I've finally returned to my room. While flipping through the TV channels to see what is on at 4 am (I like to fall asleep with the TV on) I've stumbled upon The Dr.Oz Show. This particular episode was on the dangers of not getting enough sleep (that would be the ironic part since its on at 4 am and I have not gotten a good nights sleep lately). Of course being sleep deprived I was intrigued at what could happen to you. I learned that women have a 45% higher chance of heart problems, you tend to look and feel older, if you get less than 6 hours of sleep a night you have a 50% higher chance of viral disease, heart attack, and stroke. "Lack of sleep is associated with mental decline and overeating (which leads to major aging conditions)." STRAIGHT FROM DR. OZ PEOPLE, WE'RE LOSING OUR MINDS BECAUSE WE DON'T SLEEP!!! Ok, maybe not quite to that extent yet but all these all nighters are certainty not healthy. OK, I'm going to stop my ranting now and actually get some sleep since I have an interview at 9:30 and a midterm tomorrow. Wish me luck!
-Snooks

No comments:

Post a Comment